SPEAKING TOPICSCONTACT US NOW FOR A CONSULTATION
Felice Duffy is a high-energy speaker who weaves together her background in athletics and the law to customize motivational and informational presentations for a variety of audiences from youth and college teams to community organizations, police departments and higher education administrators.
Felice was a Division I college All-American, U.S. national soccer team player and Division I head coach. Even as a teenager, she was a trailblazer for gender equity, having sued UConn using the then-new Title IX statute as an undergraduate to compel the creation of it’s varsity women’s soccer team. Felice also has her Ph.D. in education/sport psychology and has a deep, experiential understanding of the mindset and culture common to both the athletic and law enforcement communities.
Felice has lived on both sides of the judicial process. On the defense side at a prominent New York firm, she worked on cases ranging from major financial service firm fraud to a death row sentencing appeal. And as an Assistant United States Attorney, she prosecuted wide-ranging targets from multi-state drug distribution and counterfeiting rings to social security fraud schemers.
Whether speaking about how to thread the needle between striving to win while staying healthy, how to respond to and prevent bullying, or how to promote fair and impartial policing, Attorney Duffy is passionate about sharing both inspiration and practical information that leaves her audience thinking and feeling positively about her topic.
Call Felice Duffy at 203.946.2000 if you would like to explore having her speak to one of your groups.
Examples of topics and speaking engagements:
Sports and Character
- Quinnipiac University Women’s Soccer Program – Fall 2012 and 2015
- University of Connecticut Women’s Soccer Program – Fall 2015
- Keynote Speaker about experience in athletics and the impact athletics has on women at Eastern Connecticut State University at the Women’s and Girls’ Breakfast Fundraiser hosted by the Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut’s Windham Area Women and Girls Fund
- Panelist, Connecticut Bar Association, “Title IX: Gender Equity in College Athletics. How Far Have We Come in 30 Years?”
- George Washington University Sociology Class on College Students and the Law
- Panelist discussing experience at UConn with soccer and Title IX at the UCONN Benton Museum’s “Hoop Dreams” event
- Moderated a National Panel titled Sexual Assault on College Campuses; College and Universities as First Responders for college and university communities at LOB Hartford CT.
The role of the federal prosecutor and career choices
- Classes at University of Connecticut on women and crime
- 6th graders at Albert Middle School in Rocky Hill
- Women’s Law group at Quinnipiac University School of Law
- Moderator for Women in Law Enforcement Panel for government
- UConn Police Department’s citizen’s academy
- Henry C. Lee Institute of Forensic Science to prosecutors from China
State and federal gun and drug laws and how to stay out of trouble
- Hartford YMCA to a group of youth from 6 years old to teenagers
- Florida YMCA to youth
- Manson Youth Institute to inmates with 4 Peace Rap artists and Yale University Music Composer
- Community Forum on Crime Prevention to youth and parents in Stratford hosted by the Stratford Police Department, in cooperation with the Stratford Mayor’s Office, the Stratford Board of Education, Stratford Community Services and Stratford Recreation Department
- Weaver High School with 4 Peace Rap Artists at Anti-Violence Talent Show
Girl’s and women’s roles in violent crime
- Emcee and Panelist at the Anti-Violence Panel and Presentation at the Yale Bowl hosted by the Yale Women’s Soccer Team for about 100 at-risk girls
- Cathedral of The Holy Spirit, Bridgeport to the community at the Preventing Violence, Promoting Justice: A Bridgeport Summit! Hosted by CT Against Violence Inc.
- New Horizon for Higher Achievement alternative school in New Haven
- Dunbar middle school class in Bridgeport
- Panelist and moderator at Gateway Community College Panel to community members
- Gateway Community College Peace Studies Program class
- Panelist at the MLK celebration at Wexler HS in New Haven
Public Safety and Violence
- Panelist for community forum on public safety in Bridgeport at the University of Bridgeport’s Arnold Bernhard Arts Center
- Keynote speaker at the Governor’s Prevention Partnership Conference- Regional Law Enforcement Conference: Forces United to Keep Youth Safe, Successful and Drug-Free at Stamford Marriott
- Hosted and emcee’d the Bridgeport premier of the 5K Motion, a short film created in CT about gun and drug violence and women’s roles
Bullying and federal laws
- Golden Hill United Methodist Church in Bridgeport at an Anti-Bullying Seminar hosted by the Bridgeport Police Department
Fair and Impartial Policing
- Panelist at Regional Career High School in a New Haven community forum titled “Know Your Rights” hosted by The Love March Committee
- Panelist for community dialogue about trust with law enforcement in Bridgeport hosted by NAACP
How Can We Help?